Learn to brush your teeth properly when wearing braces or orthodontics aligners. Brushing just isn't the same when your in braces. This step-by-step guide will teach you how to brush properly and what types of brushes are best when your in braces.
1. Hold brush 90 degrees to surface and brush back and forth along brackets.
2. Angle brush 45 degrees away from gums to brush along top of brackets.
3. Angle brush 45 degrees toward gums. Push and wiggle bristles underneath wire.
4. Rotate brush and continue to push and wiggle bristles underneath wire.
5. Place brush on tongue side of teeth 45 degrees towards gums and brush along inside. Repeat steps 1-5 in all areas of the mouth top bottom. Right and left, 3 times per day.
1.-Loop floss through floss threader.
Push end of floss threader under wire from gum side (this is easiest way to grab floss threader with fingers)
2.-Push floss into contact area and clean both sides with an up and down motion. Pull floss out of contact and repeat between all teeth at least once daily
3.-Clean difficult areas with an inter proximal brush if needed.